UNICEF, in cooperation with World Bank, had implemented an Emergency Cash Transfer Project (ECTP) in Yemen with the aim to help the poorest and most vulnerable population as well as to alleviate the emergency situation that people are living in and therefore have a positive impact in the economy.
To manage the information, the Emergency Cash Transfer – Management Information System (ECT-MIS) was developed with the aim to store the information that resulted from the implementation of each one of the project’s operative processes.
Three cycles have been implemented up until December 2018. In total 1,330,601 beneficiaries were paid in the first cycle, 1,448,995 in the second cycle and 1,376,796 in the third cycle.
Data Science was hired with the aim to execute two components:
- Component 1: Knowledge/Management Information System (ECT-MIS) technical transfer:
Provided the knowledge transfer to the Project Management Unit (PMU) Information Technology Officers to take over the management and operation of the ECT-MIS from the previous consultancy company, who was contracted by UNICEF PMU for the first two payment cycles.
- Taking into account the ECT-MIS documents prepared by the previous consultancy company, Data Science made adjustments to these documents for both, the Main ECT-MIS and the Minimal ECT-MIS.
Component 2: Support with the preparation of databases and reports during 3rd payment cycle:
Provided support in activities such as:
- Preparatory activities: preparation of the payment list, adjustment of the grievance module and adjustment of the dashboards upon the requirements made by the client.
- Activities during the third payment cycle: production of reports according to the client’s request, consolidating information, maintaining and monitoring hosting from the server host and monitoring information transfer with the banks (web services).
- Provision of technical assistance during the reconciliation period: Closing web services and application synchronization functions, consolidation and analysis of all of the data that is uploaded to the system by the different service providers, Converting and transferring information from temporary tables to the database transactional structure and preparation of the reconciliation report.
All the deliverables of the consultancy were delivered to the Client according to the agreed schedule and all of the deliverables were finally approved.